Friday, May 27, 2011

ICED MOMMA - A Night of Pampering & Diamonds


By: Cynthia Litman

I received a most welcome invitation from Nichelle Pace of StyleMom.com for a moms night out at Acqua Beauty Bar to experience an evening of pampering and diamonds by Iced Orchid, a new American online retail jewelry brand.
I was more than ready for a night out.  
Firoza of Iced Orchid & Nichelle of StyleMom.com
 I used to frequent Acqua Beauty Bar for facials on a regular basis but motherhood put a halt on my frequent facial miles. Hence, an indulgent evening sounded oh so sweet.

And indulge, I did.  


A sumptuous reflexology session with an amazing technician working my barking feet and as the massage chair got going I trailed off into that once familiar state of bliss. My sparkling manicure covered up my dish worn hands. I have not felt that in a good long while.

Iced Orchid, features diamonds, lots of sparkly diamonds promises “More Diamonds For Your Dollar.” The ice was on display as far as the eye can see.

Firoza Mehta
While Iced Orchid owner Firoza Mehta shares that their "most popular pieces are the engagement rings,  wedding and anniversary bands," my favorite was a ruby channeled tennis bracelet. The rubies popped out from among the sea of white diamonds and the stones were very clear, richly red and quite beautiful.

My second favorite was an art deco diamond estate bracelet, an heirloom piece to add to your family jewels.

With all the royal wedding hoopla, it felt awesome to play Queen for a night. I love wearing several blingy bracelets together a la Elizabeth Taylor and had a very had time parting with the jewelry.

Between the relaxation, polished nails, super iced arm and mingling with other mommas, I began to feel like a person again, not just a mom chasing after her cubs.

The Beauty Addicts makeup line is “beauty made simple” and incorporates minerals, botanicals and a bit of science into it's products and is quickly becoming a fetish of this it better be simple or I’m not buying momma. There’s a makeup set to fit any modern mom’s mood – Express, Glow, Motivate, Seduce and all of the packaging is sleek and compact.   

I’m particularly in love with the lip gloss from the Glow line “Blush” – with its easy brush applicator, vanilla taste, Vitamin E, jojoba butter and super tinted shine that will make any momma want to purse and smack your lips!!
  
Yes, ladies we have come a long way. However, one woman at the event said, “I never bought myself diamonds before”. 

Let me tell you something gals, you don’t need a man to put a ring on it. It’s very empowering to buy precious jewelry by yourself and for yourself. Every woman should have a piece of her own. Remember when Samantha Jones (Sex and the City] was pissed that her beau Smith Jared out bid her at an auction for a big diamond flower ring because she wanted to buy for herself and she said, “whenever I look at it I’ll think of him, not me.”

And to the men, diamonds are always a good choice and will forever be a girl’s and a momma who knocks herself out for her family's best friend.

Mothers and ice go perfectly together...